Friday 29 January 2016

Charity Shoot at St Paul's Cathedral


My friend Annah got in touch to do a charity shoot to raise money for not one but three charity's - Great Ormand St, Sands and Sport Relief. She got the idea when she met Dermot O'Leary while he was raising money by dancing for 24 hours - how do you beat that I asked??
"Well, I'm going to run 13 half marathons in 13 weeks - for an added bonus I'm doing a full marathon to finish up." When someone says this and smiles you know they serious ... and slightly crazy - However, I've also done some weird things to raise money myself so I said I'd help her and we met one cold winter morning by St Paul's Cathedral.
It was a glorious start to the day and as I arrived early I walked to the Millennium Footbridge to take some images of the sunrise.. here's one:
St Paul's is a great place for portraits and has many locations you can shoot from - I chose the steps on Peter's Hill as the cathedral looks stunning and there is plenty of room. As we were there early there were hardly any on-lookers, mainly a group of interested builders but hey, where are they not?
Equipment - I used the D800 in preference to a smaller camera and switched between the 20mm and the 24-120mm lens. I used the Metz 44 AF-1 flash for fill-in light - obviously the subject would be moving in a few frames so a quick speed was necessary.
The only problem with the shorter lens was the perspective- however, this was corrected in photo shop - as above.  You'll see the light on the cathedral was perfect - we could not have asked for a better morning - if only a little warmer.
So of all the images the below one was chosen - details are: Flash fired, ISO 100, F4, 1/200sec.
As you can see by the poster she is going all out to plenty of locations for her races - and I've donated to her charity already - she's hoping to raise £1,300 for each charity and if you would like to help please goto: https://www.justgiving.com/Annah-Rae/
Best of luck Annah!

No comments:

Post a Comment